This year is like no other….Families are struggling with the “new normal” of Zoom meetings, online curriculum and home schooling for their school aged children. School districts are increasingly choosing to educate children remotely which is creating chaos in the lives of working families. Many questions are unanswered “Who will look after my child when I’m at work?”, How will I juggle my own job and teaching my child their lessons?”, “Where will I find the time…the patience…? “, “How will I keep up with my child’s energy level?”… the list goes on and on. Action Kids at Brentwood Commons is responding to community need to by developing our Action Kids Academy.
We are State licensed by the State of New Hampshire as an Emergency Child Care Provider and a Summer Camp, and using is expertise to offer parents expanded childcare options for their school age children as well as remote learning and homework support along with Art, PE and Science curriculum.
Our campus is designed for kids and learning and our professional staff are trained to teach. Our successful summer camp program has just finished our 23rd season of keeping kids engaged, happy, and safe while fostering personal growth, achievement and community.
- We are dedicated to making your child’s time here at Action Kids as safe as possible. As a licensed emergency childcare and day camp through the State of NH, we strictly follow the NH DHHS Childcare and School guidelines and protocols. We will continue to monitor, update and enhance all areas of our operations as needed, keeping the safety of the children and our staff as our number one priority.
- Students will be placed into groups based on age/grade level. They will stay in the same group all term.
- Weather permitting, students will spend a significant part of their day outside.
- Staff and students will be required to wear masks inside when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- The majority of our staff hold college degrees including BS in Education, BS in PE Education, MS in Education, MSW and MS in Counseling.
- All of our staff have received extensive training in child development, are first aid and CPR certified, have completed criminal background checks, completed online child abuse prevention training, and safety training including active shooter training seminars with Homeland Security.
- All our staff have received extensive training on safe practices as it relates to hand hygiene, sanitation, social distancing and all other Covid-19 protocols. We have comprehensive cleaning protocols in place and utilize electrostatic sprayers with hospital grade disinfectant.
Action Kids Academy Details:
Due to Covid-19 guidelines, we must place the following restrictions on enrollment:
- You can choose the number of days & which days you attend each week; however you cannot switch days week to week. For example: If you choose to attend 2 days, you must come the same 2 days each week all term.
- We are unable to provide make up days or change enrollment after 9/9/2020. Space permitting, we may be able to increase the number of days of your enrollment.
- We strictly follow the State of New Hampshire and CDC guidelines for all our programs. It is vitally important for the health of our students and staff that you keep your child home if they are not feeling well. Every day all staff and students will be screened. If your child has any new or unexplained symptoms of Covid-19, has had close contact with someone suspected or confirmed to have Covid-19 or reports a travel related risk, they will not be allowed to attend until they meet the State guidelines to return.
Financial & Registration Details:
- To register, complete an Action Kids Academy registration form.
- We offer two payment methods. Payment can be made in full upon registration or weekly payments can be made.
- Weekly payments require a non refundable/non transferable deposit of $350. The balance of the weekly tuition will be charged to the card on file each Friday for the upcoming week. We accept Visa Master Card or Discover.